Monday 21 February 2011

A Gladstone design

Unfortunately I ran out of time last week to post this cup in time for Tuesday, so I am trying harder this week. This is an interesting floral patterned cup, although it may not be immediately obvious from the outside of the cup.


Look inside and on the saucer though and the pretty design is revealed!


This design is made by Gladstone in bone china and the main flower looks like a primrose, with its quilted leaves, but I have not been able to find it on the internet anywhere. If anyone knows what this design is called I would be interested to know.


If you would like to know more about Teacup Tuesday, pop over to Terri's lovely Artful Affirmations blog here. You can find links to other people participating in Teacup Tuesday this week as well, so do pop round and visit them too. I will try harder to visit them myself this week!

Thank you for popping by my virtual china cabinet!


Elaine x

8 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine, a pretty set to remind you of Spring. As you say, the cup hold it's surprise inside, which is quite charming. Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine, your cup is really lovely! I feel like I have seen this pattern before, but I am sorry I do not know the name. What I love about it is the tiny dots in the pattern, and the beautiful primroses. Some cups can really surprise you on the inside! My cup today is also just white on the outside.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Elaine,
    this cup is so lovely but I have no idea about the patterns name. Hope you will find it.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elaine: I love this week tea cup. I can not believe what beautiful tea cups you have. Every week I am coveting (sorry). This one is stunning. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a cute teacup, but I don't know the name of it either. I am a chintz lover myself and I swoon over it whenever I see it. Thank you for stopping by Rose Chintz Cottage for tea.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elaine, love your virtual china cabinet and we are the lucky recipients. Another pretty, pretty one! Different and charming.
    Greetings from Long Island, N.Y. from Ruthie

    ReplyDelete